January is the month of resolutions. Personally, I make a list of things I want to achieve at the beginning of the year and slowly try to make my way through it; I have learnt to not be overly ambitious. Life gets in the way of most people’s plans. New year resolutions are no exception. I do like the new year, it feels exciting and always has potential, but make sure to avoid setting yourself up for failure!
Here are a few ways to make the most of 2016:
- Buy a diary and get organised.
- Set some career goals. This could be getting a promotion or starting your own business.
- Contribute towards making the world a better place. Such as donating unwanted items to your local charity shops, volunteering and joining campaigns you believe in.
- A lot of us aim to lose X amount of weight or do X amount of exercise per week. Instead, aim to make healthier choices on a daily basis, drink more water and be active. Being healthy is a lifestyle choice and that can take years of practice to get right. Take the first steps this year!
- Spend more time with those who matter.
- Try something completely new. For example, learn a language or instrument.
- Visit at least one new cafe, restaurant, gallery, museum, town or country.
- Make the most of every day and treasure the good bits.
Here’s to a great year.