I am forever wishing I had more time. More time to get my work done, more time to socialise, more time to sleep… But unfortunately that isn’t how the world works. We have to find ways to fill our days the best we can.
The key: organisation. Organisation is one of my best skills. I love love love my filofax (he’s called Sebastian), I am addicted to list writing and I have always believed you can never have too many post it notes. I think that if you can keep organised, you will have time for all the things you want to squeeze into the day.
Here are my 5 top tips for staying organised:
1) Limit the lie ins! – This doesn’t apply to everyone as if you have a 9-5 job, you’ll be up anyway. But for students or those that work at home, this is a good way to make sure you have the WHOLE day to get things done.
2) Write it down!- Lists are a good way to make sure you have a written record of all the tasks you wish to complete. This can be a bit overwhelming, so I say have one ‘Uber’ list of absolutely everything you need to get done. Then, make smaller lists for each day so you still get a sense of achievement- slowly you should get everything done!
3) Deadlines!- Make sure you don’t miss any deadlines, whether it’s a bill payment or a coursework hand in. Get a diary and a highlighter, you know the rest.
4) Sleep!- Sleep is vital for a healthy lifestyle and the ability to concentrate. To be organised you need to have energy! Sleep is the answer. (check out the facts: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need)
5) Don’t worry too much, there is always tomorrow.
We all have the same 24 hours in a day. It’s how we choose to use it that counts.